IBE played a direct role in the integrated design and LEED coordination of the construction of the new Army National Guard Windsor Readiness Center.
This 17-acre facility in Windsor, CO, is home to approximately 130 soldiers from the 1157th Forward Support Company of the 1st Battalion, 157th Infantry Regiment. The building was certified LEED Platinum, a first in the nation for National Guard facilities, and an achievement beyond the original target of LEED Silver or LEED Gold.
- LEED 2009 BD+C Platinum certified
- 89% daylighting of regularly occupied space
- Projected 70% energy cost savings from high-performance building envelope, ground-source heat exchange HVAC system, and photovoltaic (PV) arrays
- 91% construction waste diversion
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)-certified wood and beetle-kill pinewood used in interior spaces
- 43% interior water use reduction from low-flow plumbing fixtures
- 58% reduction in potable water use from use of non-irrigated native grass