Campus Crest Communities engaged IBE to support sustainable design of their student housing assets and develop a corporate sustainability program.
IBE first partnered with Campus Crest when they were looking to build a new student housing development in Fort Collins, The Grove. IBE helped redesign The Grove to be more energy efficient, obtaining LEED certification and integrating onsite solar.
In addition to this project, IBE helped form and facilitate an executive sustainability team within the company. IBE facilitated quarterly retreats where team members learned about sustainability best practices and developed strategic initiatives.
Finally, IBE developed a resident engagement program for students living at The Grove. IBE conducted focus groups of students to better understand their understanding of sustainability and opportunities for energy efficient behavior. An education program was developed to inform residents about sustainability and Grove site managers were trained to present the educational content and incorporate new initiatives into their existing lifestyle programming.
IBE listened to us, and created a path to being a better business which balances all things with our People Planet and Prosperity initiatives
— Ted Rollins, Former CEO of Campus Crest
- Awarded NAREIT’s Leader in the Light
- Engagement and education of CC corporate employees and property managers, leading to enhanced culture and corporate mission
- Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark survey submission
- Annual Corporate Sustainability Report
- Strategic sustainability team facilitation and project management
- Redesign of Grove Fort Collins, LEED Certification
- Development of green prototype for future Grove developments
- Green Lifestyle education program presented to corporate employees and residents of The Grove Student Housing, reaching over 16,000 students.
*Campus Crest has since been acquired by another REIT. Their portfolio is now operated by Asset Campus Housing.