IBE helped BranchPattern catalyze organizational change by embedding its new design thinking initiative into staff practice across its seven U.S. offices.
In 2018, we began working with BranchPattern, a building engineering consultancy and design firm, to help improve its human-centered design process and achieve greater implementation of it across the firm. IBE used an intentional, highly collaborative process with the BranchPattern team to assess opportunities, and then to refine and co-develop tools and education. The team is now using these tools to more deeply engage stakeholders on BranchPattern projects.
- Understanding of barriers and incentives to staff’s adoption of the new initiative to inform successful implementation
- Greater staff ownership of the new initiative and its implementation
- Empowerment of core team to serve as resources to all staff
- Adaptable tools to guide deeper engagement of stakeholders in projects
- On-demand webinars orienting staff to new stakeholder engagement tools and addressing barriers to adoption
- Ongoing coaching to support long-term organizational change
“Like many firms, we’re often challenged by our own capacity to take on internal initiatives. IBE helped us overcome that challenge by enhancing our team’s capabilities, while also providing valuable support, education, and perspective. We’ve collaborated with IBE for over a decade, and knew they would be excellent partners to help with this initiative. We trust the team at IBE, have recommended them in the past, and will continue to recommend them to our friends and peers.”
– Pete Jefferson, Principal, BranchPattern