IBE partnered with Aeon to engage residents at The Rose in sustainable, energy efficient behaviors in order to reduce consumption and improve satisfaction.
The Rose is an ultra-sustainable apartment complex located in Minneapolis, MN. This mixed-income housing complex was designed for efficiency, affordability, and healthy living. IBE developed a resident engagement program, which includes events, energy reports, educational videos, and other marketing materials. Through focus groups and interviews with residents, many of which were Somali refugees, IBE developed messaging that used relevant and impactful language. This attention to the unique culture of The Rose residents resulted in greater engagement and program success.
- Reduced energy and water consumption
- Higher resident satisfaction
- Improved connection between residents and on-site maintenance staff
- Organizational learning about high-performance buildings and resident engagement which will improve future projects and inform operations across Aeon’s portfolio of affordable housing assets.
- Video highlighting the features of the Rose and the ways residents can engage in healthy and sustainable behaviors
- Usage reports detailing residents’ use of water and electricity
- Special resident events with energy training materials for parents and children